Hey,

I have hacked together this code:

// Get the java file io library
(import '(java.io File))

// Get some files
(def f (File. "/My/files/"))

(def fs (file-seq f))

// Filters for suffixes ".mp3"
(def get-mp3 (filter #(.endsWith (.getName %) ".mp3") fs))

// Get the path of one mp3
(println (take 1 get-mp3))

This code is gathered from various unrelated Clojure forum posts.  The
resultant collection, I must admit defeats my understanding.

My first question is the println statement returns "(#<File
/My/files/path/to/Some of/My Music Collection.mp3>)", would someone explain
this data structure for me, bearing in mind that white spaces and commas
are synonymous.

Next, I'd like to outline what I'd like to achieve.  I want to learn how to
program in Clojure.  To do this I decided on what I hope is a simple enough
project for a novice.  The goal of this project is to take a number of
files compare them, then identify the duplicates and allow the user to
delete one or more set of duplicate files, creating a selection based on a
common attribute i.e. a set being those files belonging to a distinct
parent directory.

Please note, while I have programmed a little in the past this does not
prevent me from asking dumb questions.  Thus finally, if this is not the
appropriate place for this sort question could you point me in the right
direction?

--
Kind regards

Stephen.