Hi Paulo.

> Hi all, (warning, this is kinda confusing email)
>
> Been following the list for some time and specially paying attention to
> what could be the killer clojure app as Akka is for Scala.

 I keep seeing small libs (I like libs) popping up like ants, but I don't
> believe none of them (alone at least)  can make clojure explode and become
> main technology in a old school /ordinary company.
>
> People say clojure is good for data. But where are the cases? And more
> specifically, where are the frameworks and libs to support it? Are they
> talking about wrappers around java for Hadoop? Sigh...
>
> Pulsar is quite dead, core async isn't clear regarding remoting, and
> avout? And lamina? And aleph? Where are the tools that can make clojure to
> cover from Web to big data and batch?

Pulsar is dead? Really?
https://github.com/puniverse/pulsar/commit/1bb398cff65017c79d04bedd26915bca03a7752124
days ago the last commit preparing new release. I follow the
development
of pulsar and quasar and it not seems dead.

distributed/remote communication is not target of CSP and core.async but
can be implemented without much problems over any existing transport
protocols: http://niwibe.github.io/jnanomsg/#_async_support (example
implementing clojure channels over nanomsg)

>  Luminous,  caribou, etc, are they going to become the next grails?
> Huumm.. Will take lot of time. Clojure Script alone will not go any further
> than the current server side.
>
> What made me give up scala was Scalaz, and I hope the "create thousand
> disconnected libs and publish a post with ANN sufix" approach doesn't make
> me give up clojure.

Creating one unique library that includes and integrates everything is
really a solution? I believe not.

>  Sorry guys, I've been posting about Clojure since 2009, and still can't
> see it becoming the main technology even being the CTO of the company.
>
> What is the killer app for you? Or how do you think we can make clojure
> supporting apps like Facebook or something big like that?

In summary: erlang/elixir has actors, scala has actors (and very slow
compiller...), prolog has logic programming, go has csp and clojure has all
them. Really you need a killer app?

Sorry I don't understand the motivation of this email :(

Andrey

Andrey Antukh - Андрей Антух - <andrei.anto...@kaleidos.net> / <n...@niwi.be

http://www.niwi.be <http://www.niwi.be/page/about/>
https://github.com/niwibe