> Less trivial things that I would like to be able to do:
>  - transclude documentation from secondary files, so that the developer
>    of a piece of code sees a short piece of documentation, while users
>    of code can see something longer.
>  - expand the documentation system as I see fit; i.e. the documentation
>    system should be designed to an abstraction, not an
>  implementation.

   - include diagrams and pictures
       It is easy to show the red-black tree rebalance algorithm
     with a few pictures whereas the words are rather opaque.
     Stacks and immutable copy algorithms are also easy in diagrams.
     You CAN do this with "ascii-art" but it IS the late 90s and some
     lucky few of us have 640x480 color terminals.

Tim