On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Herwig Hochleitner
<hhochleit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I dug a bit deeper to see where :js-globals came from and found the old
> ticket for this exact issue: http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJS-680
> I propose that we remove it, because it's unnessecary when we gensym fn
> names the same way as let bindings + blacklists are never a great solution,
> but in the case of an open set of names (such as globals that can differ
> from runtime to runtime), they are particularly awful.

We don't gensym let bindings - the shadowing logic was added to create
stable names. This will be useful if anyone wants to create more
powerful debuggers for ClojureScript. That said for self reference
using an implicitly shadowed name would seem to avoid these issues,
i.e. console__0.

> Ad reproducing the issue: Can the shadowing mechanism be influenced by
> compiler flags such as :advanced?

Not that I'm aware of.