Dom,

We’re actually well aware of many of the flaws you have pointed out with
Secretary. In fact, we even have open issues for some of them.

> While I value all of these features that Secretary lacks, I think that last
> one, impurity, is the most significant... Mutation is always possible, but
> uncontrolled mutation is frowned upon and intentionally difficult

It is not as if we don’t understand the benefits of immutability or know
Clojure idioms. There’s no need to school anyone. We're not n00bs here. :-)
When I became a committer to the library I did what I could to improve what was
already there.

Personally, I do not like the overly complex macro that we have nor do I like
the global state. These are just implementation details and it wouldn’t require
too much effort to switch to something that’s immutable with a minimum amount
of breaking change. We already have several vanilla functions for
adding/removing routes that could easily be made stateless. The three of us
(myself, Gianni, and Joel) have been busy and just haven’t had the chance to
fix it.

Anyway, you’ve done a great job enumerating your reasons for writing Silk and
flaws about Secretary; some of it is accurate, some of it is misguided. I’m not
going to return fire by addressing them because I don’t think it will make much
of a difference. Really, what we need to do is work together.

We can continue this discussion elsewhere.

Joel