On Sep 6, 2014, at 5:01 AM, Peter Taoussanis <ptaoussa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The upgrade to v1.0.0 *is* actually breaking *if* you've been reading from
> the client-side :ch-recv directly. Most folks use the provided router utils,
> so it slipped my mind to document that - I'm really sorry.

No problem. I just wanted to check that it was an intentional change, and not
some unknown bug that had crept in.

> Client-side :ch-recv used to receive `event` vectors, and now instead
> receives `event-msg` maps like the server.

Yup, this makes much more sense. It just took a while to figure out why my app
broke, but it was an easy fix.

> 3. The extra data in `event-msg`s makes it easier to write functional event
> handlers (i.e. that don't need access to a global send-fn or ch-recv).

I'll have to see if that can make my code easier to work with. I may try to
refactor my code to work with the regular router loop but when I first started
out, there were things I needed to do that wouldn't quite fit that mould.

> 4. That all event handlers now take a map makes future changes
> easier/non-breaking (we can add extra interesting keys in time w/o needing
> event handlers to change, etc.).

Definitely an improvement.

I just switched my app from Om/Sablono + Sente to Reagent + Sente and I'm
currently working on cleaning things up now that Reagent has allowed for quite
a bit of simplification so I'm in refactoring mode at the moment...

> Please feel free to drop me an email if you run into any more trouble.

About the only thing I could ask for is IE8 compatibility :) I haven't poked at
that area too much but it looked like something in XhrIo failed in IE8 (related
to Web Sockets and not failing back gracefully I think?). If we had IE8
compatibility, I could use Sente for several user-facing things in production,
as opposed to just internal-facing stuff in production.

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."