Btw, you’re using CIDER’s old bencode parser, which was flawed (big requests
break it due to deep recursive calls). We recently reworked it and the new
version is much more robust.

—
Cheers,
Bozhidar

On September 25, 2014 at 4:32:12 PM, Sanel Zukan (san...@gmail.com) wrote:

Thanks for reply with the details, Bastien :)

> As someone new to CIDER (probably only use 10% of its features), what's the
>difference between this and CIDER?

I think you already answered it :) I find Cider amazing project, but is a bit
biggish for my taste, especially if you would like to get the extension and
start working on Clojure code, instead of setting up the details. Also, I
prefer keeping REPL and all REPL related stuff (erorrs and exceptions) _inside_
REPL buffer and window, just like many Emacs modes works.

Now, a little bit internals: Monroe REPL is using comint-mode, which means that
many comint keys and variables should work out of the box. In Emacs,
comint-mode is used by default for interaction with external programs like
shell, ielm, inferior-[lisp, scheme, python] and many of them are sharing
similar shortcuts.

> i.e. why would I want to use this over CIDER? (could be good to put in the
> README as well)

I think README summarize the goals behind the project. If you find it
confusing, I'll try to clarify the things a little bit.

Best,
Sanel

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 6:41:52 AM UTC+2, Bastien Guerry wrote:
John Louis Del Rosario <joh...@gmail.com> writes:

> Looks neat. As someone new to CIDER (probably only use 10% of its
> features), what's the difference between this and CIDER? i.e. why
> would I want to use this over CIDER? (could be good to put in the
> README as well)

Copying what's on the reddit page:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Clojure/comments/2hde6w/monroe_new_nrepl_client_for_emacs/

"Some features:

- lightweight

- focused only on nrepl protocol so you can easily combine it with
  favorite libraries (e.g. company-mode)

- single buffer for interaction, which behaves like inferior
  modes. Errors and results will be shown in that buffer, instead
  poping out new buffers.

- works on older Emacs versions

- history in repl that actually works"

--