Just FYI - I got a new laptop and thought I would give it another look-see.
Consider me impressed. I maybe didn't spend enough time with it, but a lot
of the rough edges have been smoothed out, the performance seems to have
increased, it is just a really nice place to be.

To be clear, emacs rocks, it can do anything, it just doesn't do everything
out of the box. Emacs Prelude goes a long long way, and the paredit (or
smart-parens now?), tight repl integration, undo-tree and magit are still
the best implementations I have seen anywhere, but sad to say, when viewed
under a "no time, got to get things done" coupled with "consistency across
developers", it didn't hold up too well. To put it another way, I am
admitting defeat - emacs is sufficient, the time I have to learn and teach
emacs is insufficient. Cursive still requires some pampering (setting up
keymaps etc.) and there are still some rough edges (being able to delete
delimiters and not be able to add them back for example), but for the 80/20
rule, it rocks.

And IntelliJ is also a very nice place to be.

Consider my words firmly eaten :).

(Oh, and according to my team you still wouldn't want to work with me :).
Off to find some horrible backlog work for them now!).