Henrik, the -d option simply adds dependencies to the project. The main use
case for this option is to pull in dependencies when you have no formal
“project” and no build.boot file. Mainly it’s used in concert with the repl
task so you can quickly and easily try something out:

$ boot -d aysylu/loom repl

boot.user=> (use 'loom.graph)
nil
boot.user=> (graph [1 2] [2 3] {3 [4] 5 [6 7]} 7 8 9)

However, if a dependency pulled in via -d (not transitive deps) contains
namespaces in which tasks are defined, these namespaces may be tagged with
^:boot/export-tasks metadata. Boot will find these namespaces and refer all
public vars into your build.boot environment.

So if the reagent jar contained task namespaces you should see them when
you do

$ boot -d reagent

Note that you don’t need to supply the group-id for reagent, and if you
want the latest release you can also omit the version.
​

--
Micha Niskin