Thanks for the explanation. Yes, it makes sense. Without this library I
would do something similar myself. You are using deref (pragmatic clojure)
and the relationship is explicit (in system map), both are advantages.

It is possible to design around it though; separate the common parts, say
the container of webservices in your first example (as :c) and then make
both :a and :b depend on :c, and :b to depend on :a too for instance. A
component doesn't have to be immutable, or has to be initialized all at
once (during start). I imagine it can have other life-cycle event and
change its state.

Anyways I see myself as a potential user of your library. I'm just sharing
my thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Atamert Ölçgen

-+-