This is a very nice example of abstraction. Using a hash-map is just an
implementation detail.

However I'd be very interested to hear if there are any other compelling
> use cases for this.

Sparsely populated tables, unstructured anything... We used an EAV
abstraction (over SQL) to build a product database. Different product types
have very different fields, even same types of product might have different
fields sometimes. In hindsight normalized relational tables would have been
a better fit (the decision was made before I joined).

In your README, the change and delete examples give the impression that
they're mutating the db, but they actually return an updated db if I'm not
mistaken.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM, <dan.stone16...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have put together a quick library http://github.com/danstone/silc that
> allows you to manage many entities and their attributes in a pure way with
> indexing for performance, include composite indexes.
>
> The intention of the library is certainly as the basis for an entity
> component system for games, that is how I am using it. However I'd be very
> interested to hear if there are any other compelling use cases for this.
>
> Pull requests welcome!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Kind Regards,