Well, one of the many reasons, that clojure is faster than bash is, that
during compilation, code is divorced from the original source symbols.
That means you can only access information about the original source that
you, or some library code you use, put in there for you.

Jony stated correctly, that the regular namespace/var/defn infrastructure
records function names in the var metadata.

Of course, you are using a different facility called static-fn, presumably
a macro that generates a clojure fn around a static java method.
So your question really is: Does static-fn put the name of the method it
wraps into metadata of the generated function and if so, which key?

I can't answer that, since static-fn is not in the standard library and you
didn't provide a definition or reference. I recommend you look your
definition of static-fn.rce code.
Given that you just want to reconstruct the mode in which round was called,
you could just include the keyword itself in the error message.