Computational design = using computational approaches to design
problems, for anything from analysis, implementation to
representation...

CSG is indeed only for meshes since it's based on BSP partitioning and
because of that also has a few edge cases (due to float precision)
where it breaks down and can cause small holes to appear (but these
can be fixed with Meshlab/Blender etc). Does OpenSCAD *not* use
tessellated geometry for boolean ops? I always was under the
impression it does too... need to double check! The other way to do it
(and actually easier) is via voxels. There's a really old iso surface
implementation in [1], but that needs a complete rewrite and is
therefore not bundled with any current releases...

Again, I wish there would be more activity in Clojureland underway in
these non-web-tech related fields (we have dozens of server & dom
libs, but not that much for design, modelling, architecture,
fabrication). That's not trying to be defensive in any way, but a
single person can only do that much and all the features & tools
provided so far were purely developed on a need to have basis
(obviously with a priority to be as re-usable as possible).

Hth! K.