My 2 cents:

I don't think the biggest problem is that the community is fragmented as
there is many options to choose, but that the attitude towards newcomers is
bad.

Let's say that I was learning clojure about 2 years ago and when I asked
about which web framework should I use, people started raising stuff about
the implementation of those frameworks like pedestal have some very strange
concepts like this one:

https://github.com/pedestal/docs/blob/master/documentation/application-overview.md

So I was like: WTF. I'm fucked. Forget that. Let's just go back to the
clojure book and write a factorial implementation.

So every once in a while I came back to clojure, did something. Studied
some clojurescript and finally I think that I can write some clojure... but
that took time and I still don't feel good about it. I feel sometimes that
there's a lot of very good people working in Relevance which knows
everything about clojure, but doesn't share anywhere. Maybe if we had a
couple of very good screencasts and proper documentation of how to write a
webapp in clojure available in the web. It could be very optioned(about
what libs to use), it could be even wrong... but getting something done
when you are beginning is way more important than to be concerned about if
you are doing the right thing.

But that might be just me.