Ok ill expand the question a bit hoping to make it clearer :)

I'm well aware of read/read-string and the security implications they bring
(not interested in those),

Clojure EDN has support for literal tags
<https://github.com/edn-format/edn#inst-rfc-3339-format> and the ability of
extending it with custom ones (records for example
https://github.com/miner/tagged).

I have a use case for storing functions in EDN and Iv found this
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FDatomic%2Fday-of-datomic%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fresources%2Fday-of-datomic%2Fclojure-data-functions.edn&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHi_41fzdbV7ygT3-_g3oI4ZeJVJw>,

which seems to be an EDN form containing serialized Clojure functions for
Datomic (which is closed source so I can't use its reader).

My question is if there is any open source implementation, I can't seem to
find one.

Thanks