Hi all,

I'm delighted to say 0.3.1 is released and available on Clojars.

It's been a long while since we've made any big changes to clj-kafka so I'm
very happy to say we've caught up over the past couple of days. Most of the
changes were the result of submissions from the community but I have to
give most of the credit to Ragnar Dahlen :)

Notable changes:

- Refactored Zookeeper consumer to expose underlying streams (transducer
compatible :)

- "New Producer" API support

- Topic Administration

- Updated to Kafka 0.8.2.1

- Removed Kafka deps from clj-kafka

https://github.com/pingles/clj-kafka/

http://pingles.github.io/clj-kafka/

Zookeeper Consumer

=================

We've broken the old messages function apart into two pieces:
create-message-stream will connect the consumer to a message stream (topic
+ number of threads when consuming more than 1 partition) and stream-seq
(recast the stream as a lazy sequence as with earlier releases).

This change addresses a bunch of other requests/changes people had
submitted. Hopefully most stuff that was a little tough to do before is now
easier to integrate- composition with other libs like manifold[1] should be
easier.

Transducer Support

----------------------------

This also means that the lib is easier to use with transducers[2] which
should be useful for people doing stream processing.

New Producer API

==============

We have integrated support for the "New Producer" API[3,4]. This is
asynchronous by default but provides both futures and callbacks to return
the offset/error.

Topic Administration

================

A new namespace exists that wraps some of the Kafka admin utils for
checking if topics exist, creating/removing topics and changing per-topic
configuration.

No Kafka deps in clj-kafka

====================

I think* this was inherited from back when the Kafka releases had no
dependencies specified and so clj-kafka had to specify them instead. This
is no longer necessary so the project config is substantially tidier. This
is quite a substantial difference so please just check that this doesn't
break anything you were depending on.

1) https://github.com/ztellman/manifold

2)
https://github.com/pingles/clj-kafka/blob/master/README.md#usage-with-transducers