Hi,

I did get this far indeed. My general question was rather: what's your
general approach ?

Say I happen to have a config that loosely looks like:

   {:inputs [{:type :inputA ...} {:type :inputB ...}]
    :engine {:engine-opt1 :engine-arg1}
    :outputs [{:type :outputA ...} {:type :outputB ...}]}

Would you directly assoc :inputA :inputB :outputA :outputB components
in the first layer of the system map or would you retain a hierarchical
structure and if so, are there any downsides to this ?

Cheers,
  - pyr