Leaving aside your usual "humour", you are once again setting up a total
strawman. Nicola did not say that maintenance should be as much fun as
writing new code, nor did he propose rewriting anything. He made a very
specific claim - that contributing to the Clojure codebase is much less
pleasant than it could be, not because the indentation style is unusual but
because it is inconsistent.

Since he has a long history of writing very high quality patches for
Clojure whereas you, as far as I can tell, have never written any, means
that his opinion holds a lot more weight in this discussion, for me at
least.