On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 7:06:43 AM UTC-5, Fluid Dynamics wrote:

> On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 2:17:40 AM UTC-4, Andy Fingerhut wrote:
>>
>> I created this ticket: http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1832
>>
>> I don't know what will become of it, e.g. perhaps a change in behavior to
>> the unchecked functions, perhaps a clarification to the documentation,
>> perhaps nothing.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Clojure core team judged
>> the existing documentation strings to be explicit enough because they use
>> little-L 'long', and it doesn't promise any behavior of any kind for
>> arguments that are not 'long'.
>>

> Still violates least surprise.
>
> (Why is the group now fully moderated? Why does the description blurb
> still say it's just whitelisted? Why was there no public discussion of the
> change?)

The group policies have not changed.

However, you have been put on moderation due to repeatedly posting things
that cross a basic boundary of respect for fellow list members. I'm sorry
to air this in public but your throwaway email account bounces all the
emails I send to it. Stuart Sierra and I are the primary moderators for
this group and we decided that because you do often provide valuable
contributions that we would switch you to moderation as opposed to simply
banning you.

I do not wish to discuss this any further on the list or waste anyone
else's time on it. Feel free to contact me off list at
alex.mil...@cognitect.com off if you want to discuss.

Alex