Grimoire was originally built to replace ClojureDocs when it had been
inactive for some time, and as it turns out mere months prior to the big
update which is now live. That I continue to operate Grimoire now that
ClojureDocs has been updated is I suppose competition at some level.

Yes ClojureDocs and Grimoire use independent and unsynchronized content
stores. Originally Grimoire started with all of ClojureDocs' examples
unaltered. I put a bunch of time into reformatting and editing them for
Grimoire this summer. I've shared these changes with zkim although I
don't think he's done anything with them yet.

As to documentation, ClojureDocs serves the default unmodified Clojure
docstrings. My goal with Grimoire is to largely replace these famously
curt strings with more fully formed articles and commentary. This is
very much a demand directed operation, with the worklist [1] or personal
points of friction being used to direct priorities.

The examples on both ClojureDocs and Grimoire are adequate. I don't
think there's value being lost between one or the other there.
ClojureDocs has a huge Google PageRank lead which I don't think it's
worthwhile to invest time competing against. Hence my goal has been to
provide augmented docstrings which are I hope more helpful.

Reid

[1] conj.io/worklist