If you're more keen on GPL-compatible, Clojure-like language with STM/CSP
(upcoming) than being currently able to use it in production take a look at
Pixie:

https://github.com/pixie-lang/pixie

It's syntax is heavily inspired by Clojure, STM is coming, and it's fast -
no JVM. The state is "pre-alpha" though.

Cheers,
Aleksander

On 10 March 2016 at 14:03, <adrian.med...@mail.yu.edu> wrote:

> Common Lisp is timeless in my opinion. :)
>
> STMX is a high performance STM implementation for Common Lisp.
>
> https://github.com/cosmos72/stmx
>
> On SBCL it even compiled down as an optimization to Intel TSX assembly
> instructions (which incidentally were disabled by the manufacturer
> unfortunately a couple of years ago due to a major bug; I am not sure if
> they fixed the bug in newer chips yet). In any event, it's still a great
> implementation.
>

> On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Sam Halliday wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been learning clojure as holiday reading (I'm a scala dev and am
>> one of the main authors of ENSIME.org, which brings IDE like support to
>> text editors for Java and Scala).
>>
>> Clojure is amazing! I'm really loving learning it. There is so much good
>> stuff in here, plus it's a lisp which is just incredible for me because
>> I've been an Emacs hacker for nearly two decades.
>>
>> I've done enough research to know that the clojure licence is off topic
>> and discussions about it make people feel "nauseous", so I'll skip over
>> begging you to change it to MPL or Apache 2.0 and tell you that I cannot
>> use EPL at work. It is blacklisted by many of my customers and the patent
>> retaliation clause gives my legal advisors enough to construct terrifying
>> scenarios that all ended up in the end of my career. Also, I can't add
>> clojure support or use clojure in ENSIME because of the well known GPL /
>> EPL incompatibility.
>>
>> So... skipping over that. It seems I can't actually use this beautiful
>> language. But I do a fair bit of emacs-lisp so naturally I'd like to know
>> to what extent the features have been reimplemented?
>>
>> I've seen that Emacs 25 is going to have something that looks a bit like
>> destructuring, I've used dash (but there is an idiomatic replacement coming
>> too) and I've seen some "ports" of the threading (I love this macro so
>> much). However direct ports are still subject to the original licence, so
>> it needs to be a clean room implementation (or Rich/the author to release
>> those macros user GPL as an emacs package).
>>
>> Is there anything else that is making its way back into Emacs lisp as a
>> result of what has been learnt in Clojure?
>>
>> And are there any other lisps which use STM? Emacs is still single
>> threaded so STM is almost useless there. I'd be really interested in a
>> modern lisp with STM and a licence that I could use at work.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sam

*uSwitch is a trading name of uSwitch Ltd. Registered in **England and
Wales **(Company No. 03612689). Registered Address: **Notcutt House, 36
Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 9EU*

*This communication and any attachments contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. It is for intended
recipients only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute, publish, rely on or otherwise use it without our consent. Some
of our communications may contain confidential information which it could
be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use without authority. If you
have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email from your computer.*

*uSwitch Ltd reserves the right to monitor all email communications for
compliance with legal, regulatory and professional standards.*