Thanks for the reply.

I was under the impression that the jdbc driver (or any jar you want to use
as a dependency) needs to be hosted on some kind of maven repository. Am I
wrong about that?

Here is the official download link for the Vertica jdbc
driver:
https://my.vertica.com/client_drivers/7.2.x/7.2.3-0/vertica-jdbc-7.2.3-0.jar
As far as I can tell, it isn't in a maven repository. Is there still a way
to tell lein to look at this address to pull the jar?

Thanks!