I got the 'advanced' mode working for a simple hello world
Your question prompted me to go back and update to the latest versions of
everything
so you can see it at
https://github.com/vladp/cljs_om_dojo/

I suspect in advanced mode the including of reactjs needed to be different.
But not 100% sure. So updated my sample with the library inclusion semantic
(with :preamble) as I saw in David's examples and other places.

The dojo stuff was never 'activated' so to speak in my old sample either, but
now I completely removed it out of the sample anyways (I just do not think it
is possible to get it to work and take advantage of the 'advanced' mode or even
OM in general)

Vladislav