I've been thinking about using a clojure zipper
(http://richhickey.github.io/clojure/clojure.zip-api.html) as input to om/root.
This would give some convenient properties like being able to traverse my data
and make edits. My data is tree like in structure already so using a zipper
seems like a good fit.

To do something like this I don't think will work out of the box though (since
cursors are only implemented for map and vector structures in the core
package). I haven't looked much at the Om internals to know if implementing a
'ZipperCursor' would be challenging or not... but thought I would ask here if
anyone has any thoughts?