On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM, David Nolen wrote:
> I'll repeat.
>
> Use :whitespace and :simple if you want corrupted source maps.
>
> :whitespace was useful prior to source maps. :simple was useful for a
> time due to goog.require not working under Node.js - no longer true.
>
> IMO, there is absolutely no good reason to use these settings.

I wasn’t speaking in favor of those settings, just pointing out that there are
various constraints. That is a problem with have a lot of settings available,
we end up with different tools supporting different semi-overlapping subsets of
the settings.

Personally I’d be happy if all except the most useful settings were removed.
Maybe only :none and :advanced are actually still needed in 2014.

--
Kyle Cordes
http://kylecordes.com