> That's right but for some projects the assumption that .min.js means
> "minified" is just not true. E.g. React ships with different logging levels
> enabled based on wether you're including the development or production build.
> I'm sure there are more projects that include extra debugging stuff that's
> stripped while packaging.

You are right, I guess I'm too spoiled by CLJS/Closure that I don't have to
worry about things like that. ;)

> > As a build tool author I don't quite agree with using a naming convention
> > to detect the files (eg. *.inc.js, ...). You could never package more than
> > one file this way since there would be no way to tell the compiler: file Y
> > needs to be added before file B.
>

> Very fair point. We haven't actually come across that situation as most libs
> are distributed as single files but I agree that this might cause
> problems with libraries that are distributed with multiple files (Thinking of
> Bootstrap - although that's a whole other beast).

I was thinking in terms of my project. The only external (non-closure) JS I use
is CodeMirror. I have several different builds, most of them do not need
CodeMirror. Yet CLJSJS (boot) would prepend it to everything. Also in my case
not all builds use the same amount of CodeMirror (eg. one gets clojure-mode vs
the other does not).

This stuff is pretty complex, I don't think we can solve it by just creating a
few jar files. We MUST address the fact that the produced JS files are shipped
to clients (ie. browsers) a lot, therefore we must take great care that they
don't contain unnecessary stuff. Shipping CodeMirror to everyone of our users
would be a disaster since it is only used for backend/admin stuff.

/thomas