Marc,

I believe that the core idea is that to component specifies the data it needs -
via a query (this is static). This is then composed up the hierarchy to
generate the overall data query and to ensure that data passed back down the
hierarchy contains required data in the required structure.

The aim is to stop cascading code changes in nested components when data needs
change.

They also suggest that these definitions of required data can allow global
optimisation of what data is fetched when.

I think that these are interesting ideas and may have wider applicability

Dave