I've had cases in data visualization/analytics apps where the server was in
charge of interpreting user intent (via NLP input) and so the client didn't
know what to request in terms of data. The server threw data at it and
described the user intent along with it and based on both data types and intent
the client decided what to render.

This I consider a very rare situation in UI development, but it would be hard
to reason about and/or implement efficiently using the concept if Relays as I
understand it from your nice summary ...

Sent from my iPhone