I like that approach. I think making the distinction between 'normal event' and
'bigger coordinated effort event' is a good idea.

I thought of a parallel solution to this, but I think I like yours better:

Dispatches all go into a channel, and components register to this channel. They
get to say "on [:some-event], also dispatch [:my-other-event],
[:another-event]". When a dispatch happens, it gathers up all registered events
and does a dispatch for each event, including the original.

Essentially the same Idea, but not an independent "signals channel" versus
"events channel".

How did that work out for you? Any pain-points trying to trace down
[:some-event] -> ack what is happening here, 4 more thingies just happened and
I don't know why?