I actually built a debug panel that was only included when running from
figwheel. This panel displayed my state and also logged all signals, so I
could always inspect what was triggered.

Over all it suited my needs and worked out well. It could probably have
been designed without needing this but I liked being able to keep different
capabilities independent of each other (and not worry that maybe a
different capability registered a handler for the same events).