> I think it should be possible to use closure-compiler-js [1] with this
> project to do DCE if needed.

In a way you can and you can't. The same way :npm-deps has issues.

The Closure Compiler (JS or JVM version, doesn't matter) is not yet capable of
compiling everything in the npm world. Some things just don't work.

So instead of making something that "maybe" works I opted to drop the Closure
Compiler entirely.

The intent here is to enable JS devs to start using CLJS seamlessly without
giving up their tools. They don't have the Closure compiler to begin with so
they won't miss it.

Enabling the Closure Compiler is my top priority though. I'm definitely keeping
my eye on this and will provide a proper solution if it ever becomes solid.