I don't like the way of writing `x.assoc(null, 'foo', 'bar')` by myself.
Also I don't people would accept that.

I see the problem now. ClojureScript compilers may have tricky behaviors
that make it different from CoffeeScript's compiling processes.

Putting `x.cljs` files in npm is fine, it's just slower. To me compiling
ClojureScript is always slower, I already accepted that.

I think here are may main concerns:

* in js projects, we regard code in `node_modules` are modules instead of
source code. For web projects using Webpack, I would prefer using a
'compiled/' folder to hold the code and then config `resolve.alias` to make
sure I import the code with `require('cljs/foo.bar.core')`.
https://webpack.js.org/configuration/resolve/

*  For nodejs projects, somehow I can accept the solution that we use
`require('../../compiled/foo.bar.core')`. But I guess it may bring
problems, which makes your `shadow-cljs` solution a better choice...

* does shadow-devtools compiled cljs files incrementally? If it does,
Webpack may use it to hot replace module.