I am not including `--add-modules` in my template project
<https://github.com/cloojure/cljs-template.git> and it works great:

(defproject flintstones "0.1.0-SNAPSHOT"
  :min-lein-version "2.7.1"
  :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.9.0"]
                 [org.clojure/clojurescript "1.10.238"]
                 [org.clojure/core.async "0.4.474"]
                 [tupelo "0.9.76"]
                ]
  :plugins [[lein-cljsbuild "1.1.7" :exclusions [[org.clojure/clojure]]]
            [lein-figwheel "0.5.15"]
            [lein-doo "0.1.10"]]

---------------------------

~/expr/cljs-template > lein figwheel
Figwheel: Cutting some fruit, just a sec ...
Figwheel: Validating the configuration found in project.clj
Figwheel: Configuration Valid ;)
Figwheel: Starting server at http://0.0.0.0:3449
Figwheel: Watching build - dev
Compiling build :dev to "resources/public/js/compiled/flintstones.js" from
Successfully compiled build :dev to
"resources/public/js/compiled/flintstones.js" in 0.908 seconds.
Launching ClojureScript REPL for build: dev
    Exit: :cljs/quit
 Results: Stored in vars *1, *2, *3, *e holds last exception object
Prompt will show when Figwheel connects to your application
[Rebel readline] Type :repl/help for online help info
ClojureScript 1.10.238
dev:cljs.user!{:conn 2}=>