Fascinating! So how exactly does it work? As an example, can I take any
Reagent project I have, and swap Reagent for Mr Clean? In that case will
everything pretty much work as-is? Also, what do I lose as a result of
doing this, i.e. of not having React.js? Dropping that dependency while
having most things still working could be invaluable to most people.

By the way, I recommend you post it to the Reagent group as well:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/reagent-project

Cheers,
Ali