There's no vdom diffing so its not as efficient as reagent with react.js.
Whenever state changes, the state of a component is synchronized with the
real dom. Ideally, any reagent project that doesn't use react.js components
should just work. by changing the namespace but most likely unless things
will break.

I am thinking of rendering a subset of HTML/CSS in a webGL context.  I am
also thinking of switching to Gambit Scheme instead of using
Clojure/ClojureScript because Gambit Scheme can generate C code that can
run as a webassembly module. Gambit Scheme can also target iOS and Android
via http://www.lambdanative.org/

I want to develop something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeWS that
runs across platforms (android, ios, desktop) and in a web context and it
seems like Gambit Scheme might be a better route