On 1/22/20 11:32 AM, David Richfield wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The parliament diagram tool (
> https://tools.wmflabs.org/parliamentdiagram/parlitest.php ) is down.
> Last time it happened was a week ago: I just restarted the webservice
> like Alex did, but now it's down again and I'm at work, so I can't log
> in for the next six hours or so. Can someone restart it for me?

here you go!

tools.parliamentdiagram@tools-sgebastion-07:~$ webservice status
Your webservice is not running

tools.parliamentdiagram@tools-sgebastion-07:~$ webservice start
Starting webservice.......

tools.parliamentdiagram@tools-sgebastion-07:~$ webservice status
Your webservice of type lighttpd is running

> Also, how can I find out why it keeps going down?

Try inspecting log files. For example:

tools.parliamentdiagram@tools-sgebastion-07:~$ wc -l error.log
283822 error.log

You have plenty of information there, including some "funny" things like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/project/parliamentdiagram/public_html//westminster.py", line 81,
in <module>
    sumdelegates['left'],
sumdelegates['right'])/float(optionlist['wingrows']['left'])))
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
SRE / Wikimedia Cloud Services
Wikimedia Foundation