On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 06:26:38PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 08:42:51AM -0400, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> I agree Reviewboard has extra workflow involved but it integrates the
> review comments closely with the mailing list so it isn't as different
> from patches in the email in my opinion. It additionally provides
> pretty diff tools online. If not I would have to put the patch through
> my own diff tool.

It's different in that the submitter has to go to Review Board and
create an account, etc.

If it's a one-off minor patch, a fair number of people are likely to
just say "meh" and drop it. Forcing people to use Review Board means
we'll lose some number of contributions.

I'd suggest a better way is to heavily encourage Review Board as the
"official" submission method, and quietly allow email or attachments to
bugs.

Best,

Joe
--