/etc/default controls variables for the /etc/init.d scripts.  It looks
like we're using /etc/default/cloud-passwd-srvr to override the
'ENABLED' variable in /etc/init.d/cloud-passwd-srvr.

So there are two switches controlling services, in cloud-early-config
we echo whether or not the script should be enabled into
/etc/default/<scriptname>, and then in patchsystemvm.sh we actually
turn on the service to start at boot. The service will exit and fail
to start if the /etc/default file is set to do such.

The ENABLED=1 is there in /etc/defaults, so we just need that stanza
in patchsystemvm.sh to setup a vpc router.