Ok, I am perhaps confused because your comments about going through a
release manager I thought were related to the code freeze stage, not
feature freeze. Chip mentioned something about committers still being
free to make changes in 4.1. So perhaps we should clear that up first.

I'm not at all against pushing back, I haven't really formed an
opinion yet. I would like to hear what specifically would be
accomplished in that week or so if we did push back. We would need to
formulate some solid set of requirements that needed to be worked on,
a specific set of tests or something to avoid sounding like we're just
saying "take a week to make it better". I would suspect that the
timeline keeps things close enough that people could work in master
and pull into 4.1 over the next week or two, beyond that it does
probably make sense to cancel the branch, but again that depends on my
previous paragraph.