On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Hugo Trippaers
<htrippa...@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Hey Marcus,
>
> We do have another month  or soto fix things. My main worry is the amount of
> things that we still have to fix. The current consensus is that we have a
> release manager who does the cherry picking of fixes from master to the
> branch. If we have sizable number of fixes this might quickly become a bottle
> neck and unreasonably burden the poor guy assigned to the job (remember that
> its a volunteer run project). If we are able to work directly on the 4.1
> branch we run the risk that 4.1 and master diverge to a point where they are
> increasingly difficult to realign and we get the same issues as with the
> javelin merge when we finish up the 4.1 release and get in shape for the 4.2
> release.

I already made this point earlier, but I'll reiterate.  I'm not going
to take responsibility for cherry-picking from master right now.
That's not until March.

All committers (and even contributors) need to take responsibility for
the 4.1 branch being in sync with master right now.

-chip