I think having them so far apart (geographically) makes it ok.

I would love to be a part of the silicon valley one. And I think there is a
large part of the community that feels left out if we only hold official events
in NA.

Based on social rumblings, and IDCs interesting figures, I think interest is
quite high going into 2013.

Sent from my iPhone