On 2/25/13 9:02 AM, "Mohammad Nour El-Din" <nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>

>On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Sebastien Goasguen
><run...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I will be happy to help plan the one in Europe with my dutch buddies.
>>
>> We just need to agree on dates soon, so that we are not left in a time
>> crunch planning a 600 people event in one month.
>>

>I am also living in The NL and I want to help
>

>> -sebastien
>>

>> On Feb 21, 2013, at 6:52 PM, Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > APAC trends better than Europe (see
>> http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=cloudstack)  Not sure if this
>> means we need to create more awareness in Europe, or focus on interested
>> parties in APAC.
>> >
>> > WRT to the Valley, where do integrators congregate?  Our plugin model
>> seems to open up a lot of opportunity for writing support for new
>>resources.
>> >
>> > OSCON piggyback?  Had a lot of OpenStack presentations last year.
>> >

>> > DL

So to summarize the threadÅ

I think the collective opinion is that we should do a CloudStack Collab
Summit in EMEA this spring and since Hugo's got the resources to help plan
in Amersterdam I think we should let him take the lead for that and
Sebastien, Mohammed, Wido and the others that stepped up can help him.
I'll volunteer to find the funding once he has a proposed venue and some
costs and the PPMC and ConCom sign-off on the event.

Also unless we get objections we'll plan for a second summit in North
America in the fall and want to try to get that venue reserved it is very
hard to find a place on short timeframes. I'll work to get the funding in
place for that one too.

To Chip's question on is two summits too many,  I see a huge appetite for
people to come talk about CloudStack.I
think since all decisions are made on list it's not like you miss out by
not going to both or either it's just nice to put faces to IRC nicks/email
addies.

Anything else?

Mark