On Thursday, August 05, 2010 04:46:01 pm Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2010/8/3 Eric Noulard <eric.noul...@gmail.com>:
> > 2010/8/3 David Cole <david.c...@kitware.com>:
> >>
> >> FYI: there already is an option that's similar to this, I
> >> think: CPACK_MONOLITHIC_INSTALL
> >> Does that have the effect you're talking about or are you thinking
> >> something different?
> >
> > You are right that's the idea.
> > I wasn't aware of that option... I'll go for a thorough read of
> > CPack.cmake documentation
> > before re-inventing existing options...
>
> After a remark made by Clint and some thought.
>
> CPACK_MONOLITHIC_INSTALL is not covering the whole need
> and I think we need a
> CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_GROUPS_IN_ONE_PACKAGE options.
>
> Have a look at the updated bug entry and the description of
> all cases:
>
> There is a fifth patch to the current patchset to propose that.
>
> Clint would you be able to give it a try and tell us if with
> this last patch (still cumulative) your needs are covered?

Here's my test case
=====
file(WRITE file.txt.in "hi")

configure_file(file.txt.in ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/file-runtime.txt)
configure_file(file.txt.in ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/file-devel.txt)

install(FILES ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/file-runtime.txt
        DESTINATION bin COMPONENT Runtime)
install(FILES ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/file-devel.txt
        DESTINATION lib COMPONENT Development)

SET(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL Runtime Unspecified)
set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_GROUPS_IN_ONE_PACKAGE 1)
include(CPack)
===

$ cpack -G TGZ
CPack: Create package using TGZ
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: Project
CPack: - Install project: Project
CPack: -   Install component: Runtime
CPack: -   Install component: Unspecified
CPack: Compress package
CPack: Finalize package
CPack: Component package: .../Project-0.1.1-Linux-Runtime.tar.gz generated.
CPack: Component package: .../Project-0.1.1-Linux-Unspecified.tar.gz generated.

Its still multiple files with their component specific names.

How about instead of adding a CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_GROUPS_IN_ONE_PACKAGE
variable, one just puts the components into a single group.
With your patches, that now gives one .tar.gz file with the selected
components, which is what I want
Except now I've got an "-ALL" suffix to the package name, which isn't a big
deal
to me.
What do you think?

Thanks,