On 9/15/2011 4:12 AM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

That automatic installer (available
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Automated MinGW
Installer/mingw-get-inst/)
literally takes about 5 minutes to download and install all of
MinGW/MSYS on wine, and I am sure that it would even be faster
on Windows. Is there anybody game to try the build
of cmake on Windows using the latest MinGW/MSYS stack you
install with the automatic installer?

I just built with the most recent MinGW makefile build, and it works. Also, we have dashboards that do mingw and msys. See these builds:

amber12.kitware Win32-mingw-gcc-4.5
amber12.kitware Win32-msys-gcc-4.5

Sounds to me it is the windows.h that comes with wine maybe. Really you should just debug this and find the issue. Run make help in Utilities/cmlibarchive/libarchive. You will see file.i. targets you want this one: archive_read.i

That will create a cpp processed version of the file. Then you need to grep around the files that are included and find the problem.

-Bill