On 10/12/2011 10:38 AM, David Cole wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Stephen Kelly<steve...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I already grepped for CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARY_FILES and it seems to not
appear anywhere else but Darwin.cmake. I remember the tests failing on
freebsd and some windows too, so if you have any idea why that might be, I'd
be interested to know.

$ git grep CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARY_FILES
ChangeLog.txt:        CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARY_FILES boolean.
Modules/Platform/Darwin.cmake:SET(CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARY_FILES 1)
Source/cmComputeLinkInformation.cxx:
if(this->Makefile->IsOn("CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARY_FILES"))
Source/cmDocumentVariables.cxx:
cm->DefineProperty("CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARY_FILES",

The important occurrence would seem to be the one in
Source/cmComputeLinkInformation.cxx...

I think Steve meant that it does not appear in other platform info files.