Brad King wrote:

> On 03/25/2013 05:57 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Stephen Kelly wrote:
>>> I've pushed the error-on-exported-missing-include-dir branch to my
>>> clone.
>
> Why does the test need CMAKE_OMIT_INCLUDES_CHECK?

Without it I get

  Target "testSharedLibRequired" INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES property
  contains path
"/home/stephen/dev/src/cmake/Tests/ExportImport/build/Export"
  which is prefixed in the build directory.

because I was lazy when adding the test for it:

 set_property(TARGET testSharedLibRequired APPEND PROPERTY
   INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}"
                                 "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}"
 )

I'm fine with declaring such lazyness out of scope, installing the files
needed from those dirs instead, and removing the OMIT variable and
functionality.

>> I'm also not sure if the check for '..' in the path is the right way to
>> check this, whether symlinks need to be considered, what the result on
>> Windows would be if the two directories are on different drives, and
>> whether windows virtual drives need to be considered.
>
> There are other places that we check for paths under the source/build
> trees, such as:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmLocalGenerator.cxx;hb=v2.8.10.2#l2485

Thanks, I'll look into that a bit later.

Steve.