http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmLocalGenerator.cxx;hb=v2.8.10.2#l2485

> Thanks, I'll look into that a bit later.

I looked into this a bit and wrote an alternative patch and pushed to my
clone.

A problem it still has is that if I create a build dir in the subdir, and
then put "${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/../bar/bat" in the interface, it complains
about the path being in the build dir. The '..' was not collapsed to see
that it is in the source dir.

I'm not certain whether this is a good or bad thing. Certainly the path is
specified relative to the build dir, so it is good to error on it, just like
it is right to error on "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/../bar/bat", even though the
collapsed path is not in the source dir.

So will I squash these commits together and push to next?

Thanks,

Steve.