On 5/15/2013 4:48 AM, Wojciech Knapik wrote:
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 03:55:37PM -0400, Bill Hoffman wrote:

Globs simply do not work well for source files.

GLOBs work great for source files. Just not with CMake currently ;]

No it does not. It is sloppy IMO. It will pick up junk files. It can create a whole host of unpredictable things to happy. Let's say a file is accidentally deleted, or added to a directory, or gets packaged incorrectly. It moves the error to link or compile time instead of configure time. Removing a file from the build requires deleting the file from the disk instead of just removing it from a list. Also, it requires the build system to query the whole directory tree before each build so it is slow by nature.

I don't see what the big deal is. You run glob once from a shell or editor and you get the initial list of files. From that point on the effort to add/remove a new file to the list is trivial.

Agreed. The problem remains though.
I don't see it as a problem that can or even should be fixed.

-Bill