On 08/05/2013 11:33 AM, Sean McBride wrote:
> In my own build of open source clang from svn trunk, it seems that
> __APPLE_CC__ is defined:
>
> $ clang -dM -E - < /dev/null
>
> #define __APPLE_CC__ 5621
>
> So I don't think that will help.

I also see __apple_build_version__ in that output.  Searching
for it finds that it is used for this purpose in Qt:

 https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/commit/26c7bb25

but seems to be undocumented in general.  Will that work?

> Embarcadero's compiler is also based on clang, how do you deal with it?

We don't support Clang-based Embarcadero compilers yet AFAIK.
However, this demonstrates that we will need a compiler id for
each vendor that distributes a modified Clang.  With a separate
compiler id then version comparisons can become meaningful again.