On 11/15/2013 11:39 AM, Brad King wrote:
> The policy has not been released yet so I think it would be fine
> to extend it to cover this.  Please include documentation and
> test cases.

Thanks for working on this.  Here are some comments.

It looks like you added the reserved check to cmGeneratorExpression
in the IsValidTargetName method.  This method is used in other
places to validate generator expression syntax, and in those places
the reserved target names may be allowed.  Please refactor the
check added to the add_* commands to use a dedicated method that
first checks the reserved names and then calls IsValidTargetName
internally.

In the list of reserved names you also need to add uppercase
"INSTALL".  Otherwise I think you got them all.

Good catch on covering add_custom_target with the policy too.